Welcome to the Chattahoochee Evening Stars!
CES Quilt Guild
We meet the first Monday of each month at 7:00pm EST at the Alpharetta Activity Center on Cogburn Road (13450 Cogburn Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004-3602). We are currently meeting both “in-person” and via Zoom — be sure to check our program schedule to see how we will be meeting. Zoom links are provided for remote attendees when we meet in person. We continue to have outstanding speakers, sewing bees, guild challenges, educational sessions, support community programs, and enjoy wonderful member discussions. Take some time and explore our website. Note: For Zoom meeting information, contact us for a meeting login.
Thank you for your interest in the Chattahoochee Evening Stars Quilt Guild. We would love for you to join us. The guild welcomes all levels of quilters.
WHAT WE DO
The Chattahoochee Evening Stars have many annual, semi-annual, monthly and even weekly events to help further our goal of promoting quilting and fostering friendship.
At our monthly meetings, our members get an opportunity to show what they have been working on and finished. It gives the members a chance to Oooooo and Ahhhh and get ideas for stash busting projects!
Some facts about our Guild:
- We are 48 members strong and growing.
- In 2022, we donated 686 scent cloth packs to the Northside Hospital NICU, 639 pillowcases to Ryan’s Cases for Smiles, and 36 quilts to Quilts for Kids, distributed to the following hospitals: NE Georgia Medical Center, Athens Regional, Scottish Rite, and Egleston. Other quilts were donated to a domestic violence shelter and to foster care children.
- We have varied programs including nationally recognized speakers, educational workshops, community service events, and much more.
- Zoom is allowing many members to attend meetings, that couldn’t attend before.
- Our monthly newsletter showcases new skills, details about our upcoming programs and events and gives membership recognition.
- Beginners are ALWAYS WELCOME!
The next guild meeting is September 11, 6:30-9:30 PM, in person.
- Program: The Fabric Design Industry with Amy Walsh
Sip and Sew
- September 14, 2-4 PM
- September 27, 7-9 PM
Note: All Sip N’ Sew events are via Zoom.
Tuesday Bee Group
September 19, 6:30-8 PM
Note: The Tuesday Bee Group meets at The Mansell House, 1835 Old Milton Pkwy., Alpharetta, unless otherwise noted.
Ice-Dyeing Workshop for CES Quilt Guild Members
Have you ever wanted to make a quilt that is completely constructed from fabric that you have created? Well, now is your chance to Ice Dye your own quilt! Amy Walsh from Shirt Off Your Back Quilts has offered us a class in Ice Dyeing (a twist on traditional tie-dyeing) to be held on Saturday, October 14. With your paid reservation, ALL materials necessary for dyeing will be provided for you. Your class kit includes nine 20-inch fabric squares, extra fabric to be dyed for the border, chemicals and dyes, rubber bands, gloves, cups, bottles, and a plastic dyeing bin, which you will use to transport your dyed fabric back home. You will be taking home your fabric under ice, on top of a container. The dyes need to batch for a length of time after you leave class. You will use 3 colors to Ice Dye the mandala-style blocks, plus dye a matching border. Dyeing is messy, dress appropriately—an apron or smock would also be recommended!
- Date and Time: Saturday, October 14. Arrive any time after 9:45 AM. Class starts promptly at 10:00 AM and ends at 2:30 PM.
- Location: Shirt Off Your Back Quilts, 2660 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Suite 214, Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone: (470) 550-1889
- Workshop fee: $145.00, paid directly to Shirt Off Your Back Quilts
- Register at the Shirt Off Your Back Quilts website.
You are cordially invited to an exhibit of quilts by Chattahoochee Evening Stars members, showcasing “The Warmth of Autumn.” This exhibit is presented in partnership with the City of Alpharetta Recreation Parks & Cultural Services Department (ARPCS).
Location: The Community Gallery, Alpharetta City Hall, 2 Park Plaza, Alpharetta, GA 30009
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM; Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM; Saturdays & Sundays by Appointment and Open During Public Meetings
Chattahoochee Evening Stars is a proud member of the Alpharetta Arts Leader Group that operates in a strategic partnership with the City of Alpharetta Recreation Parks & Cultural Services Department (ARPCS). This partnership helps us continue to fulfill our mission to promote quilting through educational programs and demonstrations. We look forward to advancing the art of quilting in our community.